You are here
Senior Corporate Governance Paralegal (In-House)
Industry Leading Professional Services Firm
Seeking a Senior Corporate Governance Paralegal
About Our Client
Global Professional Services Firm specializing in management consulting, risk management, and insurance.
- Domestic subsidiary management including preparing minutes of stockholders and board of directors meetings; creating and maintaining corporate minute books; preparing, processing and maintaining regulatory filings (i.e. state qualification filings); completing stock certificates; maintaining web-based corporate records database.
- Work with lawyers in preparing integral corporate documents/materials, including documents required to form corporations; amendments, withdrawals, mergers and dissolutions of corporations;
- Work with lawyers in all stages of corporate transactions and with the preparation of documents necessary to comply with federal, state and local regulations in the conduct of business activities.
- Support the Assistant Secretary & Senior Assistant General Counsel and other attorneys on tax and treasury-related transactions, including intercompany reorganizations.
- Work with the Company's tax department and external auditor relating to audits of Board of Directors minutes and meeting materials.
- Work with the Company's licensing department relating to corporate licensing matters, including state qualification filings.
- Work with the Company's treasury department relating to corporate banking matters, including preparing resolutions for parent and subsidiary banking procedures.
- Prepare annual Quarterly Dividend Declaration schedule.
Proxy/Annual Meeting of the Stockholders:
- Work with distribution agent relating to distribution of proxy materials, including notifications of record date and record date file requests to plan administrators; drafting Proxy Card and Notice & Access for stockholder voting; providing quantities to printer; tracking voting reports.
- Prepare for annual meeting, including organize team to perform meeting tasks.
- Work with Senior Assistant General Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel to prepare CEO's Annual Meeting Briefing Book, including collecting materials and creating electronic book.
- Work with Inspectors of Election, including drafting ballots.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least 10 years of paralegal or equivalent experience, including:
- Prior corporate governance experience;
- Experience with U.S. public company (ideally NYSE listed) boards of directors;
- Experience with the various regulatory filings related to public companies and their officers and directors with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical):
- Knowledge of corporate governance matters of a public company.
- Excellent organization and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Blueprint, and able to learn new technology and software applications.
- Must be self-motivated, decisive, capable of working independently and autonomously, and possess mature, independent judgment.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary based on experience