You are here
Senior Corporate Governance Paralegal
USD1 - USD1,000,000
Industry leading Fiancial/Professional Services firm
Seeking a Senior Corporate Governance Paralegal
About Our Client
Global Financial Services Firm.
- Domestic subsidiary management including preparing minutes of stockholders and board of directors meetings: creating and maintaining minute books; preparing, processing and maintaining regulatory filings, completing stock certificates; maintaining web-bases corporate records database.
- Assist attorneys in preparing integral corporate documents/materials, including documents required to form corporations; amendments, withdrawals, mergers and dissolutions.
- Assist attorney's in all stages of corporate transactions and with the preparation of documents necessary to comply with federal state and local regulations in the conduct or business activities.
- Directly support the Assistant Secretary and AGC and other attorney's in the group.
- Work with outside departments like the company's tax department and external auditors to assist in Board of Director minutes and meeting materials.
- Work with the company's licensing department relation to corporate licensing matters.
- Work with the Company's Treasury department relating to corporate banking matters, including preparing resolutions for parent and subsidiary banking procedures.
- Prepare annual Quarterly dividend declaration schedule.
Annual Meeting of the Stockholders
- Work with distribution agent relating to distribution of proxy materials, including notifications of record date and record date file requests to plan administrators; drafting Proxy Card and Notice & Access for stockholder voting; providing quantities to printer, track voting reports.
- Prepare for annual meeting, including organizing team to perform meeting tasks.
- Work with AGC and Corporate Counsel to prepare CEO's Annual Meeting Briefing Book, including collection of materials and creating electronic book.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 10 years of paralegal or equivalent experience, including:
- Prior corporate governance experience;
- Experience with U.S. public company (ideally NYSE listed) boards of directors;
- Experience with the various regulatory filings related to public companies and their officers and directors with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Knowledge of corporate governance matters of a public company.
- Excellent organization and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Blueprint, and able to learn new technology and software applications.
- Must be self-motivated, decisive, capable of working independently and autonomously, and possess mature, independent judgment.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary based on experience.