You are here
Senior Cost/Inventory Accountant
- Accounting/Finance experience in retail or consumer goods
- *SAP experience a strong plus*
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in the luxury goods space with particular strengths in jewelry, watches, and high end writing implements. As the second largest luxury goods company in the world the organization offers exciting diversity opportunity moving forward.
- Serve as the Region Key Financial point of contact for non-retail related inventory activities.
- Collaborate with Accounting, Brand Finance, Boutique Controlling, Brands and Operations teams for successful completion of core duties ensuring general ledger and reporting for USA and Canada are in accordance with GAAP and IFRS.
- Complete inventory and margin monthly reporting and analysis to Parent Company in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Ensure the valuation of inventory is correct including pricing, duty and freight.
- Ensure key balance sheet accounts including inventory, duty, freight and other as assigned are reconciled timely and appropriately reflected in accordance with GAAP and IFRS.
- Ensure freight expense is properly reflected in general ledger in accordance with Group policy.
- Drive analysis by collaborating with Brand and Operations personnel to ensure inventories in all storage locations are properly stated.
- Oversee and participate in the accounting and reconciliation of intercompany transactions. The Company's intercompany process is within a fully integrated system with global partners.
- Prepare and record journal entries supporting the appropriate valuation of account balances.
- Perform internal control procedures and mitigating controls to ensure appropriate valuation of key accounts assigned.
- Refine desk procedures periodically to accommodate changes in the business.
- Drive continuous improvement projects and leverage expertise of the team for assistance.
- Investigate financial variances /anomalies on behalf of local and international stakeholders and provide concise and cohesive feedback to deliver value to the business.
- Perform system testing of financial transactions supporting annual IT upgrades.
- Participate in the annual external audit and local internal audit.
- Travel to Dallas, Canada and NYC will be required
The Successful Applicant
- B.S. Degree in Accounting, and a minimum of four years of relevant experience.
- Accounting/Finance experience in retail consumer goods with understanding of logistics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP G/L, Materials Management and S&D modules are a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits offered.