You are here
Senior Counsel - Transaction Services (Cards)
- Exciting Opportunity to join a global bank as Senior Counsel
- Transactional role supporting Commercial Cards business
About Our Client
The attorney in this role will work directly with the business management of both the bankcard and private label businesses and their lawyers on product development and implementation (including systems development), acquisition and marketing offers, the negotiation and documentation of credit card merchant agreements and portfolio purchase and sale agreements, portfolio conversions, the solicitation and origination of consumer and commercial credit card accounts, and the ongoing support of the business in its client relationships.
This includes providing legal advice and counsel in connection with the following functions and activities:
- Transaction services, including billing statements, payment processing, and credit card issuance.
- Customer service interactions and related operations.
- Adherence to credit card partner program agreements.
- Cards operations issue remediation, including identification of consumer credit compliance issues, root cause identification, and remediation analysis and implementation.
- Policy and procedure review.
- Credit bureau reporting.
Third party and vendor contracting and statements of work, including issues related to third party outsourcing, oversight and off-shoring, covering topics including:
- Customer service.
- Card issuance, statement processing, and payment processing.
- Consumer and commercial credit reporting businesses.
- Data warehousing.
- Fraud detection and prevention.
- Third party credit scoring/model development.
- Credit card account data processing systems and functionality.
The Successful Applicant
Qualified candidates will have substantial experience in federal and state open-end consumer credit law and regulations, with particular emphasis on the Truth-in-Lending/Regulation Z, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act/Regulation B, the Fair Credit Reporting Act/Regulation V, Electronic Funds Transfers/Regulation E, UDAAP, and bank and consumer credit regulatory enforcement.
Candidate must have:
- JD from a US Law School
- Admission to a US State Bar
- 2-5 years of experience either at a top law firm working on transactional finance/transactional debt finance matters -OR- in house supporting a financial service's commercial cards division
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent transactional drafting and negotiating skills
What's on Offer
$125,000-$135,000 base salary with bonus, excellent working environment.