You are here
Senior Counsel for Transaction Services
- Senior Counsel Transaction Services
- Global Bank as Senior Counsel
About Our Client
The attorney in this role will work directly with the business management of both the bankcard and private label businesses and their lawyers on product development and implementationacquisition and marketing offers, the negotiation and documentation of credit card merchant agreements and portfolio purchase and sale agreements, portfolio conversions, the solicitation and origination of consumer and commercial credit card accounts, and the ongoing support of the business in its client relationships.
- Adherence to credit card partner program agreements.
- Cards operations issue remediation, including identification of consumer credit compliance issues, root cause identification, and remediation analysis and implementation.
- Credit bureau reporting.
Third party and vendor contracting and statements of work, including issues related to third party outsourcing, oversight and off-shoring, covering topics including:
- Card issuance, statement processing, and payment processing.
- Consumer and commercial credit reporting businesses.
- Data warehousing.
- Fraud detection and prevention.
- Third party credit scoring/model development.
- Credit card account data processing systems and functionality
The Successful Applicant
Qualified candidates will have substantial experience in federal and state open-end consumer credit law and regulations, with particular emphasis on the Truth-in-Lending/Regulation Z, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act/Regulation B, the Fair Credit Reporting Act/Regulation V, Electronic Funds Transfers/Regulation E, UDAAP, and bank and consumer credit regulatory enforcement.
- JD from a US Law School
- Admission to a US State Bar
- 2-5 years of experience either at a top law firm working on transactional finance/transactional debt finance matters -OR- in house supporting a financial service's commercial cards division
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent transactional drafting and negotiating skills
What's on Offer
Competitve Base Salary with bonuses