You are here
Senior Demand Planner
About Our Client
Our client is a CT based multinational FMCPG organization.
- Participate in a consensus planning process environment for the development of demand forecasts over a range of products with long supply lead times distributed through assigned channels. Lead objective discussions with key stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Finance and Operations to develop an unbiased, unconstrained consensus demand plan. Gain cross-functional alignment in consensus forecast.
- Assume assigned channel leadership role, develop action plans and risk/opportunity assessments needed to achieve sales plans/goals and other KPI's.
- Interface with senior members of Marketing, Sales, Finance and Business Operations teams to develop forecasts that drive the Operating Plan and support key metrics and business results.
- Manage field sales forecasting collaboration techniques to ensure that forecasts are updated with sales management and sales team demand input.
- Influence appropriate partners to consistently maintain a fact-based assumption approach. Establish process relationships with the Marketing and Sales management and staff to ensure fact-based input into the forecast, including new item shipment forecast.
- Create an accurate monthly item shipment forecast utilizing the output of the consensus planning. Maintain key parameters in planning systems such as SKU mix, new item mix, discontinuations, promotional and seasonal planning and statistical models.
- Act as key conduit to broader Supply Chain/Operations team for all volume requirements. Ensure that an accurate forecast is passed through the system with appropriate communication to Operations and Finance as part of the S&OP process.
- Facilitate communication of updates/exceptions, and explain variances versus prior year, prior estimates, and report on forecast accuracy.
- Communicate item and category forecast to senior members of Marketing, Sales, Finance and Business Operations groups which will drive the operational planning process, as well as support key KPI's and overall business results.
- Closely monitor latest business trends, market conditions and customer trends, keeping the demand planning team up-to-date on developments within assigned channels.
- Build an unbiased, unconstrained recommended item shipment forecast using cross-functional inputs, consumption/shipment analysis and overlays which will be used for revenue reporting, operational production planning downstream. Proactively address forecast adjustments in the real time, including product phase-out.
The Successful Applicant
Business Planning & Results
Brand & Market Focus
Leadership & Talent Management
Influence, Communication & Presentation
Negotiation & Decision Making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Bachelor's Degree; MBA a plus. Minimum of 3 - 5 years' experience in forecasting analytics, statistical modeling, consumption/shipment analysis and production planning for consumer products for wholesale channels. Minimum 3 years supply chain/logistics and field/customer team collaboration and S&OP experience. Strong analytical and communication skills. Advanced proficiency in Excel. Proficient in Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Forecast planning software tools (ForecastPro, AS/400) and/or other ERP planning tools/programs (SAP, JDE, Oracle, etc.).
What's on Offer
Salary plus benefits.