You are here
Senior Design Engineer
Solidworks experience required
5+ years engineering experience
About Our Client
Our client are a manufacturing organization looking to add a reliable and experienced Design Engineer.
- Develop ideas and concepts for new products and improve existing products based on customer needs and marketing input utilizing SolidWorks.
- Develop product requirements and test plans and perform engineering analysis, and product testing, including FEA to ensure the product meets all the requirements.
- Design all aspects of products with a primary focus on the end user, utilizing Lean Product Development Techniques.
- Manages all technical aspects of projects including schedules, costs, and capital spending.
- Work closely with Marketing, Operations, Global R&D, and Quality Department and suppliers.
- Develop and implement project plans through technical phases of development, including design, prototyping, testing, quotation, and tooling.
- Implement R&D Strategy including developing end user expertise, improve product development effectiveness and increase ability to innovate and work closely with China R&D to develop their expertise to handle innovative projects from tooling release to technical release.
- Generate progress reports. Present project status at specific meetings if necessary.
- Keep records and files up to date.
The Successful Applicant
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- Progressive experience designing and developing products from conception through to commercialization
- Experience as part of a cross-functional (marketing, operations, quality assurance, and engineering) teams are required.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits offered