You are here
Senior Desktop Engineer
Tier III Microsoft Support, Active Directory, Mobility, Packaging, Deployments
SCCM, Active Directory, MobileIron, BES, iManage, Wise, Citrix, SQL
About Our Client
International law firm
- Engineer packages and deployments of operating system image and end user device software.
- Perform product analysis, quality assurance, troubleshooting and support.
- Function as a resource on projects including new hardware images, Windows and office upgrades and other projects involving updates to software on end user devices.
- Coordinate with multiple teams and Firm departments to implement, maintain, support and enhance the end user device experience and work with Infrastructure team to ensure a common user experience between end user devices and Citrix.
- Perform system administration and updates as required, including anti-virus updates, operating system and software updates
- Manage and administer business critical systems, such as System Center Configuration Manager, Active Directory, Blackberry Enterprise Server and MobileIron environments.
- Coordinate with the Security team to engineer solutions for end user device security.
- Research complex technical problems and identify, implement and communicate technical fixes.
- Function as technical escalation point for large scale or aging end-user problems.
- Review Helpdesk reports to identify systemic end user device issues.
- Ability to work overtime, evening and weekend work as well as travel to offices outside of New York is required.
- Participate in a collaborative design and solution delivery environment.
- Interface with high-demand low availability users.
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ years of experience in end user device engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related area.
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills including: exceptional customer service, creative problem solving, effective written and verbal communications, planned and organized coordination of cross functional teams., acute attention to detail and quality, driven with the ability to self-manage.
- Broad systems thinking: understands the connections and relationships across functions and entities for both internal and external constituencies.
- Expert troubleshooting skills of complex technical end user device issues in large distributed environment.
- Track record of excellent quality assurance and documentation skills.
- Experience in packaging and deployment of software on Windows, Mac Computers and mobile devices.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, iManage Work / FileSite and Litera Innova.
- Extensive knowledge of Wise software packaging, Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Citrix Remote Access, Anti-Virus and iManage.
- Experience with SQL or scripting languages are a plus.
- Knowledge of end user device hardware, Ethernet, IP and networking.
- Firm understanding of Microsoft Group Policies in a client/server environment and exposure to Windows Server.
- Experience with MobileIron to manage mobile devices is highly desirable.
- Law Firm experience highly desirable.
- Must be flexible to all aspects of service delivery including periodic after-hours support and travel to Proskauer national offices.
- MCSE or MOUS certification is a plus.
What's on Offer