You are here
Senior EHS Manager
A leading electronics manufacturing company located in New Jersey
Looking to add a Senior EHS Manager to their growing team
About Our Client
A leading electronics manufacturing company located near the Logan Township, NJ area
The Senior EHS Manager will be responsible for the following -
- Establish and lead the implementation of site safety and environmental programs for all areas of the facilities.
- Provide oversight related to compliance with environmental regulations governing air, water, waste, and all other business facets.
- Interface with regulatory and public sector EHS agencies and authorities as appropriate. Liaise between plant management and those government agencies on regulatory issues.
- Oversee and assist plant leadership during facility restructuring projects/major process changes to verify that environmental permits are obtained at the facility prior to the installation or modification of equipment/process change.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable OSHA standards and regulations such as Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tag out, Right-to-Know, Emergency Evacuation Plans, etc.
- Manage the workers' compensation program, which includes working with the company's insurance carrier to reduce lost time and fraudulent claims, case management and communications with team members.
- Work with leadership team to develop EHS audit program requirements and facilitate EHS audits to support compliance certification as required.
- Implement incident reporting and investigation processes.
- Participate in and follow-up on the investigation of work-related injuries/illnesses, on-the-job accidents, or near misses as required.
- Develop training or manage outsourcing of training to include: General safety awareness, machine guarding, hand and powered tool safety, ladder safety, LOTO, forklift, etc.
- Maintain active involvement in teams' safety committee functions and ensure coordination of changes based on approved committee recommendations.
- Develop EHS Manual and new hire safety orientation.
- Certified Safety Professional designation preferred
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Senior EHS Manager position will have the following background and experience -
- 7-10 years: Prior experience making decisions affecting employee health & safety or facility compliance.
- 7-10 years: Detailed knowledge of OSHA, EPA and other applicable industry environmental, health and safety standards
- 7-10 years: Experience in oversight of EHS in a manufacturing environment.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation packages, great benefits and unlimited opportunities to progress your career within a growing manufacturing company!