You are here
Senior Electrical Test Engineer
Leading aerospace company located near the Meriden, CT area
Hiring a Senior Test Engineer - ability to obtain security clearance REQUIRED
About Our Client
A leading (AND rapidly growing!) aerospace manufacturing company located near the Meriden, CT area!
The Senior Electrical Test Engineer will be responsible for the following -
- System design with the abilities to plan, specify and carry out development of a new test systems from quote through acceptance. Responsible for cost, schedules and technical performance of assigned projects.
- Circuit design: using sound theoretical and analytics using circuit simulators (such as PSPICE or equivalent electronic analysis tools), schematic capture and circuit board layout using an integrated design tool such as Altima or ORCAD.
- Through the extensive use of LabVIEW software development, maintain software using techniques of source control. The abilities to comment code for maintainability as well as provide theory of operations when applicable is required.
- Analyze problems using tools such as design of experiments (DOE), root cause analysis and corrective actions (RCCA) while capturing best practices and lessons learned.
- Conduct design reviews for hardware and software as well as documentation packages consisting of schematics, production procedures and calibration procedures. Establish and maintain effective communications with internal/external customers to facilitate problem identification/resolution. Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, on design and/or test system repair concepts through a diverse subject matter as well as with company employees and customers.
- The ability to apply sound engineering practices and mathematics to solve problems not limited to electrically, software and mechanically systems.
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Senior Electrical Test Engineer will have the following background and experience -
- BS, Engineering (REQUIRED)
- Concentration/Focus - Electrical Engineering, Electronics/Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Advanced Degree HIGHLY preferred
- 7 -10 years of related experience working with electrical testing systems
- Ability to implement engineering designs from concept to final hardware
- Working knowledge of MS office suite products, including MS Project software
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field
** ABILITY TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED **
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation packages, great benefits, and opportunities for career progression within a rapidly growing organization!
** RELOCATION packages are available for candidates that will need to move to the area **