You are here
Senior Estimator- Commercial Construction
Senior Estimator role with well-respected general contractor in Frederick, MD
Chance to join a high-performing preconstruction team and fast-track career
About Our Client
For over 60 years, this well- respected general contractor has been growing its presence in the Frederick area. The company does a wide variety of commercial work, including education, medical, retail, and hotels, consisting of both ground-up work as well as renovations. The company excels at delivering top-quality work, winning multiple excellence in construction awards for the past few years, while at the same time remaining an employee-focused company.
This individual will join an 8-person preconstruction team and will report directly to the Vice President of Preconstruction. Responsibilities include:
- Makes budgetary, estimated, and final cost per project.
- Responsible for Bid Preparation
- Estimates cost for total job.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, and related documents.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Communicate inconsistencies in the bid documents to subs, owners and architects
- Search / look for possible new projects for the company.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years construction estimating experience required
- Interest in growing career and moving into a higher level role within 18 months
- Knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel packages.
- Familiarity with estimation software.
- Good analytical, time management and communication skills.
What's on Offer
Position offers highly competitive compensation package, 401(k) matching, more than average vacation time, flexible work hours, and the chance to join an excellent team. Interested in learning more? Submit your resume now.