You are here
Senior Estimator- Growing General Contractor
Top Growing GC seeking rock star estimator to help grow major office
Excellent opportunity for a top estimator to grow their career
About Our Client
Our client is a nationally recognized brand and a top growing general contractor who is seeking a rock-star Sr. Estimator to join their Charlotte operation. This is a rare opportunity within our client for someone to influence a business and be a key member of a growing preconstruction team. The role reports directly to the head of the Charlotte operation and works with the firm's Head of Estimating.
- Prepare complete scope cost estimates based on proposal documentation on a variety of bid build and design build projects for various public and private client
- Review, interpret and analyze project documentation: drawings, specifications, data, commercial terms, proposals, etc.
- Manage the development of the initial project execution, logistics plans and schedule
- Solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate
- Prepare detailed estimated costs for all self-perform work activities: craft hours, labor, material, and equipment costs from a crew based perspective
- Formulate all project indirect costs: staffing, project schedules, on-site facilities, support costs with schedule development
- Drive firm's estimating process/procedure compliance and consistency
- Analyze alternative solutions, and construction methods to increase competitiveness
- Review quantities and cost estimates prepared by team members to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Analyze and evaluate bidding risks and strategies; present estimate and participate in bid reviews with senior management and joint venture partners
- Develop relationships with subcontractors and suppliers by creating strategic alliances to ensure competitiveness.
- Oversee the review, analysis and selection of all subcontractor and vendor proposal solicitations and quotation selection
- Participate in successful project development of a procurement plan and secure all major material purchases and subcontractor agreements
- Supervise, direct, and mentor estimating staff to ensure individual development and firm's standards are met.
- Perform research for means and methods, materials, costs and construction techniques and services to increase competitiveness
- Perform site visits on pursuits and ongoing projects, attend industry trade and outreach events
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree - Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar technical training/experience
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial estimating experience required, 10 years preferred
What's on Offer
Please apply here now to learn more or call Matt at 617-824-2656 to learn more about the specific opportunity and our client!