You are here
Senior Estimator/Preconstruction Manager - Large GC
Well known regional general contractor - $250m+ revenue
Seeking preconstruction leadership within a newer office for the firm
About Our Client
Our client is a well known general contractor based in North Carolina. With annual revenues over $250m, our client has been a leader in the NC market for a number of years. This is a preconstruction leadership role within a newer office for the firm. They are seeking an experienced Senior Estimator to oversee a wide range of projects. Their work is in the healthcare, multifamily, commercial mixed use, higher education, office buildings, and data center projects.
- Prepare complete scope cost estimates based on proposal documentation on a variety of bid build and design build projects for various public and private client
- Review, interpret and analyze project documentation: drawings, specifications, data, commercial terms, proposals, etc.
- Manage the development of the initial project execution, logistics plans and schedule
- Solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate
- Prepare detailed estimated costs for all self-perform work activities: craft hours, labor, material, and equipment costs from a crew based perspective
- Formulate all project indirect costs: staffing, project schedules, on-site facilities, support costs with schedule development
- Drive firm's estimating process/procedure compliance and consistency
- Analyze alternative solutions, and construction methods to increase competitiveness
- Review quantities and cost estimates prepared by team members to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Analyze and evaluate bidding risks and strategies; present estimate and participate in bid reviews with senior management and joint venture partners
- Develop relationships with subcontractors and suppliers by creating strategic alliances to ensure competitiveness.
- Oversee the review, analysis and selection of all subcontractor and vendor proposal solicitations and quotation selection
- Participate in successful project development of a procurement plan and secure all major material purchases and subcontractor agreements
- Supervise, direct, and mentor estimating staff to ensure individual development and firm's standards are met.
- Perform research for means and methods, materials, costs and construction techniques and services to increase competitiveness
- Perform site visits on pursuits and ongoing projects, attend industry trade and outreach events
The Successful Applicant
The qualified candidates background:
- 10-15 years of experience as an Estimator/Sr. Estimator
- Have project experience with a mix of healthcare, multifamily, commercial mixed use, higher education, office buildings, and data center projects
What's on Offer
The qualified candidate will be compensated based off of experience.
Please apply here now with a resume and project list to learn more or call Matt on 617-824-2656.