You are here
Senior Finance Analyst
- Senior Finance Analyst Role with a Publicly Traded Beauty/Cosmetics organization
- Opportunity to implement processes and procedures
About Our Client
My client is an International Publicly Traded Cosmetics, Skincare, and Beauty Organization, with $10 billion in revenue. The company is broken up into several different divsions all speacializng in unique categories and channels, with a lean apporach to ensure efficient decision making, quality investments, and transparent communication amongst customer and consumers. The ultimate mission is to continue to expand the business, and maintain the strong presence as a established leader in the industry.
Enable and assist Director of Finance to:
- Provide relevant, accurate, and timely financial planning, analysis, month-end review and business decision support.
- Report, analyze, and interpret complex financial and operating data including sales and gross profit; costs of events, artist representations and art markets; responsibility centers; purchasing and expense activity; customer and vendor activity; inventories, AR and AP, fixed assets and cash.
- Produce GAAP financial statements and footnotes, including multi-level consolidations of domestic and foreign subsidiaries, and deliver reports and analyses for CPA, bank and tax audits and reviews.
- Generate reports for domestic and foreign income and sales tax compliance.
- Draft company and department budgets, forecasts and projections. Analyze and report on variances.
- Build and use complex financial models to support decision making. Continuously improve departmental efficiencies. Identify and prioritize process improvement opportunities. Determine root causes of problems. Recommend and implement improvements.
- Manage monthly book-closings. Prepare period end analyses and reports. Analyze significant variances from planned and prior period results and write explanatory commentaries.
- Create and review monthly accounting reconciliations to ensure compliance with GAAP, IFRS and company policies.
- Update cash flow daily reports and weekly projections and weekly sales and cash receipts reports.
- Collaborate with gallery Executives on ad-hoc reports, analyses and projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Industry Experience is required
- 4+ years of direct experience in a relevant combination of accounting, finance, reporting, analysis, forecasting, and financial modeling.
- Deep knowledge of full cycle accounting, month-end close, and accounting principles.
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot reporting, complex logic and data functions, macros/VBA, and reporting on SQL databases.
- Extensive experience with a middle-market or high-end ERP and reporting system. The gallery currently uses Microsoft Dynamics GP (f/k/a Great Plains), BI360, and SQL database reporting.
- Ability to work with overlapping deadlines, manage multiple tasks while effectively prioritizing projects, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service acumen and results orientation.
- Outgoing person who enjoys working with many personality types in a creative company with a matrix or cross-functional environment.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary/benefits package
- Glamorous view of NYC in a new and modern office
- Ability to collaborate with other departments
- Summer Fridays