You are here
Senior Finance Analyst
Major media company in NYC is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst
Candidate MUST have prior media/advertising experience
About Our Client
Fortune 500 media company with HQ in New York City is looking to add a Senior Finance Analyst to its team.
- Assist Director, FP&A in preparing the annual budget
- Oversees financial planning and prepares leaders for review with executive management team
- Assist senior management team in developing and preparing quarterly guidance and forecast updates to support decision making
- Develop monthly P&L forecast - validate and analyze weekly and monthly results and identify any necessary action steps in response to key variances
- Responsible for monthly financial reporting, including variance analysis
- Monitors business unit and cost center adherence to approved budget
- Assist Senior Management with special projects ranging from, but not limited to, "what if" strategic analysis, global business forecasting, new product P&L projections, etc.
- Provide business analytics as required pertaining to operations, competitors, benchmarking, etc.
- Develop and maintain business models to support internal decision making processes and external stakeholder negotiations
The Successful Applicant
Ideal Senior Finance Analyst will have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years finance experience, including experience in Reporting, Financial Analysis, Business Analysis or related fields (Internet industry experience preferred)
- Excel mastery required
- Extremely strong analytical, problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Proven experience in building strong financial models
- Strong communications skills -- in addition to competencies around editing and writing, candidate must also be able to communicate effectively in meetings and describe deliverables and project milestones and checkpoints
- Project management skills - proven ability to oversee a project with objective of prioritising and investing time appropriately
- Ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints in a complex system and business integrated environment
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems upon first evidence
- Must be able to listen and interpret business requirements, set expectations with internal customers, and meet those expectations
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience.