You are here
Senior Finance Manager
One of world's most influential media networks seeks Sr. Finance Manager
Opportunity to oversee 3 people on Advertising Revenue Team
About Our Client
One of the largest branded media companies in the world with headquarters in New York City is seeking a Senior Finance Manager.
Senior Finance Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee ad revenue forecast and budget development, balancing available historical data with sales insight to drive accuracy and accountability.
- Identify risks and opportunities through trend spotting and analysis, provide recommendations and prepare variance analysis for senior management.
- Serve as the business partner to senior sales and finance management, communicate forecast, trends and Sales Incentive Plan. Assist with ad hoc analysis as needed to guide sales decisions.
- Collaborate with department heads on new revenue initiatives to develop financials and prove out profitability - video, digital partnerships, licensing, branded content, content syndication, events.
- Prepare budget and operating review materials/presentations and manage ongoing reporting against budget and investment objectives.
- Responsible for the month end accounting close including reviewing ad revenue accruals, balance sheet reconciliation and forecast, and compliance with accounting policies
- Oversee ad pricing and rate negotiations to maximize revenue through price and volume.
- Standardize and streamline pricing and reporting across brands
- Oversee & continue to offshore reporting
- Manage team of 3 in NY as well as liaise with offshore finance team
The Successful Applicant
Ideal Senior Finance Manager candidate will be:
- Independent: Self-driven with ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment without losing attention to detail and the overall big picture. Ability to take the lead and move a project forward.
- An excellent communicator: Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with ability to work across all functions and levels of the organization in a manner that supports functional collaboration. (Sales, Planning & Finance). Ability to convey financial information and concepts to business leaders in a non-financial and actionable way.
- Proven: 3-4 years of business experience in a finance management role where you have demonstrated robust financial modeling and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with the ability to interpret and synthesize financial data and present in an accurate, concise and actionable manner. Proven ability to exercise sound, independent judgment and discretion.
- Keen attention to detail, with an ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Experience streamlining reporting, budgeting, and forecasting
- Solid understanding of core accounting and finance
- Advanced MS Office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) with specific knowledge of pivot tables, v-look ups, macros, etc.
- 3+ year of previous management experience is strongly preferred
What's on Offer
Competitive salary package with extensive benefits package.