You are here
Senior Financial Accountant - Financial Services
Based in Seaport
About Our Client
My client is a Seaport based, international renowned financial services firm with their headquarters in Back Bay. They are over 100 years old and offer excellent work/ life balance.
Reporting into the the VP of Finance for the US Finance team, the role is based in Boston's Seaport. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Legal entity analysis.
- Analysis of business line results
- Presenting analytical findings
- Reviewing and implementing new accounting treaties
- Ensuring consistent and accurate implementation of accounting calculations and accounting models across US operations.
- Prepare settlements and reporting for internal and external treaties
- Financial Reporting preparation across multiple spaces; IFRS, NAIC, Tax and Bermuda Stat.
- You will present results to the senior management on a quarterly basis
- Lead and assist on ad hoc projects
- Compile accounted footnotes related to the annual statements
- Assist in the continuous improvement cycle
- Interface with the regulatory reporting team
Apply today for consideration within 48 hours.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, you will possess the following:
- CPA essential (ideally Big 4 trained but also open to smaller public accounting firms)
- 5+ years of accounting experience (potentially less also)
- Dedicated to continual process improvement with strong internal controls and ability to adapt well to change
- Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a demanding and deadline-oriented environment
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Applications, particularly Excel.
What's on Offer
- $80,000 - $100,000 base salary (dependent upon experience)
- Performance related bonus scheme
- 401K with generous company match
- Additional pension scheme
- 26 days holiday + 5 days sick time per annum