You are here
Senior Financial Analyst - Apparel/Fashion Company
Fashion/Apparel company in New York looking for a vibrant Sr. Financial Analyst
Previous experience in consumer goods a must
About Our Client
A well-established recognized fashion and apparel company, with global recognition, is looking to expand their Finance department to keep up with ever increasing growth. Offices located in the heart of Manhattan, and easily assessable from the metro or bus.
- Responsible for performing the day- to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for assigned functional areas:
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of the periodic management reporting of financial results for assigned functional areas:
- Prepare all Financial Reporting requirements package.
- Prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities.
- Prepare foreign currency transactions analysis and its impact on financial results.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Cross train as back-ups for other staff in the case of emergencies.
- Review and research accounting transactions for functional.
The Successful Applicant
- 2-5 years related experience.
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Verbal).
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls.
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance.
What's on Offer
401K with matching, health/dental/vision plan, competitive salary, multitude of corporate discounts, stock options at a discounted rate, remote access for certain roles