You are here
Senior Financial Analyst (FP&A / Budgeting)
Seeking a Senior Financial Analyst (FP&A / Budgeting) for a top University in NY
Experience with budgeting, forecasting, planning, and analysis
About Our Client
Our client is a world renowned University located in New York City. The University is committed to a vision of education encompassing a number of areas including: Health, Education, Leadership, etc.
The Senior Financial Analyst works in conjunction with the Manager of Budget to use professional concepts and organizational policies and procedures in solving a wide range of difficult problems efficiently and effectively, offering practical solutions. Receives instructions on recurring and non-recurring projects from the Budget Manager.
The Senior Financial Analyst (Budget & Financial Planning and Analysis) will be responsible for managing and organizing the budgeting and forecasting functions for the academic organization, including working with the leadership team in planning and preparing annual and rolling budgets. Forecasting responsibilities may include, but not limited to cash flow analysis and financial variances.
The Senior Financial Analyst will provide input and suggestions for the trends and results calculated in financial reporting documents to senior members of our client's leadership team.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related field required
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience in a Bugeting or FP&A position
- Ability to review and analyze financial information through the use of various tools
- Must be accurate and detail-oriented
- Must be a self-starter and independent worker with the ability to multi-task efficiently
- Ability to structure and develop complex models and data queries to support strategic business planning, decisions, and practices
- Demonstrated ability to support business initiatives with sound recommendations
- Experience working with cross-functional and inter-department teams
- Proven ability to be resourceful in finding solutions to problems and capacity to handle multiple assignments with minimal supervision while adhering to critical deadlines
- Must be a strong individual contributor as well as a high performing team member
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate extensive and mutually beneficial relationships
- Must have ADVANCED skills with MS Excel
- Budget experience in an academic institution preferred
- Advanced degree a plus
- Advanced skills with MS Access preferred
- Prior experience with Banner and/or IBM Cognos TM1 a plus
What's on Offer
Excellent Salary, benefits, work/life balance, and PTO