You are here
Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A
Looking for progressive Financial Analyst to joing the growing team
Must have consumer goods experience in either Accounting or Finance function
About Our Client
Found in 1980's, our focus has been on bringing customers a constant stream of high quality department and specialty store brands at extraordinary savings.
- Deliver timely and accurate forecasts and budgets. Present trend analyses, manage changes and resolve issues. Provide transparency to methodology and confirm changes with business partners.
- Develop & optimize complex financial models that accurately capture expense spend by category. Analyze trends, establish assumptions and conduct what-if scenarios. Identify risks and opportunities & provide recommendations.
- Create financial reporting packages that summarize mid-month, month/quarter/year-end performance. Prepare management presentations that provide insights into G&A line codes with appropriate variance commentary.
- Collaborate with budget owners on month-end close activities in accordance with Accounting timeline and policies. Present accrual analyses, prepare journal entries and resolve issues. Develop controls to better track expenses and identify opportunities for reduction.
- Drive standardization of finance activities and scalable routines, including development of training guides and work step instructions.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required with demonstrated superior college performance (preferably in an analytical field)
- Prefer 3-5 years of finance/accounting experience or business-related financial analysis experience
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting principles
- Strong analytical ability - deal with ambiguity, synthesize complex data, draw business insights and error check and own work
- Creative problem solver that can identify patterns from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive & actionable analyses
- A detail oriented approach - must pay close attention to the details and have the drive to get things right
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects within tight timelines
- Ability to cope with pressure and changing priorities with a focus on delivering results
- Customer service mindset and ability to work with internal "clients" around the company
- Ability to effectively communicate point of view to management and cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills, as well as ability to learn software applications (i.e. Hyperion & Peoplesoft Financial Systems)
- Trustworthy with confidential financial information
- Reliability (attendance and timeliness) important to ensure consistency of daily reporting for the Company
- Proactively initiates changes to improve work processes
What's on Offer
401K with matching, health/dental/vision plan, competitive salary, multitude of corporate discounts, stock options at a discounted rate, great work-life balance and vacation plan.