You are here
Senior Financial Analyst - Leading Financial Services Firms
- Leading Financial Services Firm
- New York, NY
About Our Client
Global Investment Bank in New York, NY
Accounting and reporting for Support functions including Operations & Information Technology.
Management reporting utilizing Oracle Essbase / Smart View as the reporting tool.
Allocation of support costs to all business lines.
Monthly accruals - journal entry processing.
Account reconciliations and systems reconciliations.
Maintenance of MI system structure.
Will assist the Client Team Leaders in building a relationship of trust and credibility by reviewing and delivering timely and accurate reporting to our clients, researching transactions and variances under investigation, and responding to ad hoc client requests.
- Will help instill a client-oriented focus within Finance by promptly communicating functions needs and requirements to the appropriate teams in Finance, as well as, by reviewing all client deliverables.
- Will work to enable the exchange of expertise, information, and knowledge between Finance (i.e. Financial Reporting Group, Regulatory Reporting, and Tax) and its clients As a staff member of the Client Service Team, the candidate will:
- Work closely with all teams within Finance & Tax and with all ITO & Functions members to assist in the execution of reports and analysis on behalf of their clients ( functions heads), with the aim of providing insightful information regarding their expense, headcount and allocation management
- Provide support in understanding the impact of key business decisions, identifying cost savings or business efficiencies, and making recommendations to the business
- Respond to ad hoc requests for information, presentations, or analysis for the clients, ensuring the timely and efficient resolution of their questions
- Active role in set up and monitoring of strategic projects: contribute to building of business case; advise and control the respect of ITO/finance standards; monitor the spending; Coordinate with teams in other Locations or other Poles when needed
The Successful Applicant
- 3 - 5 years of experience in financial accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, and/or risk management positions, preferably within a global financial services company
- BS - Accounting, Finance, Economics or other similarly related field of study
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, both US and IFRS
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of business line professionals and territory functions staff
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and organizational capabilities - attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, respond to time sensitive situations, and works in a dynamic, fast-paced, and deadline-focused environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Motivation, initiative, leadership, teamwork orientation, and strong work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with MS Access, macros (VBA) and Essbase are a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation and bonus with full benefits