You are here
Senior Financial Analyst - LEGAL
A thriving Law Firm located in Midtown Manhattan
A driven individual with a strong Finance background and Law Firm experiance
About Our Client
A leading international law firm with over 700 active lawyers worldwide. This prestigious law firm is not only recognized for their legal excellence, but also for their dedication to client service as they represent the world's top companies including financial institutions, investment funds, not-for-profit institutions, governmental entities and many more.
- Prepare monthly reporting packages for distribution to the Executive Committee and senior leadership, supported with commentary explanation of the key business drivers and trends.
- Work concurrently with supervisor to design and automate reports that introduce reporting efficiencies to address existing business needs.
- Assist in the production of sophisticated financial analyses of profitability (e.g., product line, business unit, office, practice areas, client) using both established and new, creative approaches.
- Make recommendations to enhance firm profitability by analyzing key performance indicators (KPIs) related to productivity and P&L.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Firm's departments, practice groups and clients to help drive strategic planning initiatives.
- Contribute to the preparation of various presentations for executive leadership.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new pricing services and tracking mechanisms to generate new business and manage the success of existing arrangements.
- Produce analyses and recommendations in support of the budget and forecast process.
- Produce various month end productivity and profitability reports
- Analyze Firm performance against peer firms, understand the market trends to strategically introduce price increases, and develop models to anticipate client demand for our services.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant financial analysis experience, in positions of increasing authority and responsibility.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics; MBA a strong plus.
- Sophisticated use of Excel (vertical lookups, macros, pivot tables, etc.) and PowerPoint.
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting systems and reporting cubes, Microsoft SQL server or MS Access a plus.
- Experience with Elite preferable, including in depth knowledge of tables and report writing.
- Extremely strong written and oral communications skills.
- Self-confident, ambitious leader comfortable liaising with partners, executive leadership and confident running meetings.
- Ability to identify and analyze multi-faceted problems and recommend solutions.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary with great benefits.