You are here
Senior Financial Analyst - Wine & Spirits
Manhattan based Wine & Spirits company looking for Senior Financial Analyst
Prior experience in the Wine & Spirits industry prefered, consumer goods a must
About Our Client
A well-established international wholesale Wine & Spirits corporation, with global recognition, is looking to expand their Finance and Accounting Department through a recent expansion. Offices located in the heart of Manhattan, and easily accessible from almost every mode of transportation.
- Responsible for performing the day- to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Routine communication with Supervisors relating to financial close, issues and deliverables.
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for assigned functional areas:
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of the periodic management reporting of financial results for assigned functional areas:
- Prepare all Financial Reporting requirements package.
- Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities.
- Prepare foreign currency transactions analysis and its impact on financial results.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Cross train as back-ups for other staff in the case of emergencies.
- Review and research accounting transactions for functional.
The Successful Applicant
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Verbal).
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls.
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance.
What's on Offer
401K with matching, health/dental/vision plan, competitive salary, multitude of corporate discounts, great vacation and PTO plans