You are here
Senior Financial Analyst
- Privately owned wholesale bank
- Looking for Senior Financial Analyst
About Our Client
Our client is a privately-owned wholesale bank.
- Lead the production and maintenance of the analytical reports that query actual transactional data from the Bank's data warehouse and extract data from various accounts in the Bank's general ledger.
- Perform the monthly balance sheet and net income projections using the QRM income simulation application and assist in analyzing the results
- Spearhead the production and maintenance of the analytical reports that consolidate the actual from the Bank's data warehouse and forecast data from the income simulation application.
- Assist in the monthly variance analysis of the actual and/or projected data against the budget and prior month's forecast.
- Assist in the production of the profitability analysis by major products: monthly for senior management of the Bank and quarterly for regulatory agency.
Annual Budgeting and Forecasting
- Participate in the development of the Bank's annual Strategic Business Plan and Budget.
- Contribute to the production of the annual budget packages to the Board of Directors.
Applications Maintenance and Enhancement
- Maintain the Income Simulation application and database.
- Maintain, enhance, and build new, if necessary, queries that are built in excel worksheets to extract the actual transactional data from the Bank's data warehouse.
- Participate in the implementation of new applications and enhancement of existing departmental applications.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and methodologies for all financial analytical reports.
- Participate in special projects as requested by the CFO or other senior management of the Bank.
- Cross-train other team members and review their work to confirm accuracy and completeness.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics required. MBA, MS, or CFA preferred.
- Strong financial modeling (income simulation in particular) skills;.
- Extensive knowledge of various ALM modeling frameworks such as QRM or PolyPaths
- Strong financial reporting and planning skills
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of detail-orientation and the ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, accurately, and promptly
- Ability to work in organized and logical manner
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with all levels of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Visual Basic
Minimum 6years of experience in various ALM Projection Models, forecasting, budgeting, financial reporting, and profit analyses in the Banking or Financial institutions preferred.
What's on Offer
- Base salary
- 401K with a 6% match
- Tuition re-imbursement of $20,000 per year after a year with the bank
- Medical, Dental, Vision