You are here
Senior Financial Analyst
Exciting Senior Analyst Position, MultiBillion Dollar Consumer Goods Company
Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of analysis, forecasting is required.
About Our Client
This progressive and dynamic organization located in the heart of Manhattan is growing at a rapid pace and needs to build out a stronger Finance & Accounting team. The business was founded in 2014 by Ivy League graduates and all team members have a commitment to a fun, laid back, working atmosphere. Revenue is currently 57M, with projected growth to double revenue by the end of 2017.
Enable and assist Director of Finance to:
- Provide relevant, accurate, and timely financial planning, analysis, month-end review and business decision support.
- Report, analyze, and interpret complex financial and operating data including sales and gross profit; costs of events, artist representations and art markets; responsibility centers; purchasing and expense activity; customer and vendor activity; inventories, AR and AP, fixed assets and cash.
- Produce GAAP financial statements and footnotes, including multi-level consolidations of domestic and foreign subsidiaries, and deliver reports and analyses for CPA, bank and tax audits and reviews.
- Generate reports for domestic and foreign income and sales tax compliance.
- Draft company and department budgets, forecasts and projections. Analyze and report on variances.
- Build and use complex financial models to support decision making. Continuously improve departmental efficiencies. Identify and prioritize process improvement opportunities. Determine root causes of problems. Recommend and implement improvements.
- Manage monthly book-closings. Prepare period end analyses and reports. Analyze significant variances from planned and prior period results and write explanatory commentaries.
- Create and review monthly accounting reconciliations to ensure compliance with GAAP, IFRS and company policies.
- Update cash flow daily reports and weekly projections and weekly sales and cash receipts reports.
- Collaborate with company executives on ad-hoc reports, analyses and projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 4+ years of direct experience in a relevant combination of accounting, finance, reporting, analysis, forecasting, and financial modeling.
- Deep knowledge of full cycle accounting, month-end close, and accounting principles.
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot reporting, complex logic and data functions, macros/VBA, and reporting on SQL databases.
- Extensive experience with a middle-market or high-end ERP and reporting system. The gallery currently uses Microsoft Dynamics GP (f/k/a Great Plains), BI360, and SQL database reporting.
- Ability to work with overlapping deadlines, manage multiple tasks while effectively prioritizing projects, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service acumen and results orientation.
- Outgoing person who enjoys working with many personality types in a creative company with a matrix or cross-functional environment.
What's on Offer
Benefits include pre-tax commuter reimbursement, 2 weeks paid vacation excluding company holidays, generous Healthcare package, match on 401k contribution, and summer Fridays.