You are here
Senior Fund Accountant - Real Estate Investment Management
Fantastic opportunity to grow career
Real Estate Investment Management, REITS
About Our Client
This is a Global Financial Institution and Real Estate Investment Management firm. The firm focuses on the acquisition, financing, and management of commercial real estate properties and other real estate-related assets.
- Working with the Controller, utilizing the internal finance team and external fund administrator(s) for private placements, publicnontraded interval funds, and publicnontraded real estate investment trusts (REITs) which includes:
- Bookkeeping and processing of fund transactions
- Calculation and disbursement of brokerage commissions
- Calculation and disbursement of management fees (incentive and base mgmt. fees) and investor distributions
- Internal and external financial reporting for all funds/products as well as for the overall investment management businesses
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly analytical executive reporting including commentary on balance sheet and P&L movements
- Preparation of financial statements for managed funds (private placements and financing vehicles) and public nontraded funds (interval funds and REITS)
- Work with the Controller and external experts such as financial statement auditors, tax accountants as well as the regulator reviews / audits.
- Interaction with SEC reporting, Corporate Accounting, Regulatory Reporting, Product Control, Treasury and Cash Management in order to ensure proper accounting
- Responsible for month-end/quarterly close process and journal entries associated with investing activities, financing activities, consolidation of subsidiaries, expense accruals, intercompany activities and income taxes
- Work with the Controller to Initiate process reengineering, improve efficiency, and work with IT on improving systems.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA a plus
- 3-7 years of experience in a financial accounting group or a public accounting firm
- 2-4 years of fund accounting experience (real estate equity and real estate related debt products a plus).
- Technology proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Oracle general ledger accounting system a plus.
What's on Offer
Fantastic opportunity to grow your career in this hands on role. Great salary and benefits on offer.