You are here
Senior HR Generalist
Italian brand in NYC looking for mid-level HR experience
3-5 years of HR experience is highly desireable
About Our Client
My client is an Italian based papermaker that manufactures its products on a global scale. Their NYC office is fun, creative, and busy!
- Managing the full-life cycle professional recruiting process.
- Conducting interview and evaluate candidates for employment factors via the use of appropriate behavioral and competency based interview questions;
- Initiate and maintain a network of contacts/agencies to help identify qualified candidates for hiring needs.
- Proactively update the recruitment process by identifying and implementing innovations.
- Building and maintaining effective partnerships and strong relationships with colleagues, hiring managers, candidates and leaders.
General HR activities:
- Ensuring that legal requirements are met in terms of employee relations and ensuring that all HR policies are applied.
- Working with the management on employee performance, employee conduct and general employee relations issues, to ensure compliance and efficiency with Company policies and procedures.
- Adopting a business partnering approach with key stakeholders and the business;
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues.
- Interpreting and advising on employment law.
- Implementing and improving training and development plans for personnel on board (appraisal, performance evaluation, career path, etc).
- Organizing and managing job rotation schedules for personnel on board.
- Issuing contracts and reference letters when needed.
- Producing metrics and reports.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 3 years working in a Generalist capacity
- Knowledge of best practice interview and assessment methodology
- Able to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to identify errors quickly
- Strong relationship building skills
- High energy, motivation, drive and enthusiasm to deliver excellent results
- Able to effectively manage workload and work under pressure at all times of high activity
- A hardworking, tenacious individual and the ability to communicate well
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing stakeholders effectively
- Proven planning, time management and organizational skills
- Strong ability to collaborate with teams on a virtual basis and drive influence in a matrixed organization
What's on Offer
- Competitive base
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 7% match on 401k
- 21 vacation days
- Commuter benefits