You are here
Senior Manager of External Reporting and Compliance - Biotech
Report to the Director of Accounting, Reporting & Compliance
Publicly Traded International Company
About Our Client
Our Client is an International Publicly Traded Biotechnology Company located in Cambridge MA. This company is the leading the gene therapy revolution with integrated product platforms including gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing. These technologies provide the company with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. The Senior Manager of External Reporting and Compliance - Biotech will be a key part of the company's future growth.
The Senior Manager of External Reporting and Compliance - Biotech will be responsible for relaying all financial information to internal executives and external auditors. In addition to this responsibility, the role will include the following tasks:
- Prepare the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K and manage the internal and external reviews.
- Create and maintain SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence.
- Lead the Company's program of internal compliance by establishing and monitoring appropriate internal controls and policies to ensure conformance and compliance with US GAAP and other statutory requirements including Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team.
- Handle external audits to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues.
- Manage the coordination of audits - annual and quarterly.
- Create, implement and maintain comprehensive worldwide accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency.
- Respond to all external reporting requests.
- Participate in other projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA required.
- 7+ years of relevant experience (preferably in a biotechnology environment) with 5 years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm with heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting.
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- The ability to clearly and concisely document technical accounting and reporting matters.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem solving ability.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence.
What's on Offer
The Senior Manager of External Reporting and Compliance - Biotech offer will include the following:
- Competitive Base Salary
- International Travel
- Direct exposure to company executives
- Work for a thriving and innovative company
- 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision
- Work-Life Balance oriented
Successful Applicants should apply below for consideration withing 48 hours.