You are here
Senior Manager, IT Strategic Sourcing
Must Have a procurement , Strategic Sourcing background to be considered
Focus on Hardware, Software, Telecom, and Services negotiation
About Our Client
The company is a global firm focused on manufacturing and production with a strong emphasis on medical device products; design, manufacturing, and distribution.
The Senior Manager, IT Strategic Sourcing is responsible for developing, executing and maintaining strategies for Information Technology categories and subcategories.
- Prepares Information technology contracts for execution that relate to equipment, software, software as a solution, subscriptions and professional services that are specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures.'
- Reviews, analyzes and negotiates purchase contracts, investigates and develops sources of supplies, compiles benchmark and usage data, prepares bid specifications, issues bid requests and reviews and analyzes quotations for a multitude of different solutions. Interprets purchasing procedures to departments and vendors, as a specialist in assigned material categories, which require a degree of technical knowledge and industry standards.
- This position requires the use of initiative and independent judgment. The ability to review legal contract and work with legal counsel to meet corporate standards.
- The ability to speak to Information Technology security standards and negotiate terms accordingly.
- Develop and implement strategic sourcing and vendor relationships strategies. Manage the selection, acquisition and monitoring of contractual agreements through your team for hardware, software, SaaS agreements and IT services for the enterprise.
- Work closely with the business and IT business partners to understand their needs and serve as the point of contract for all IT purchases, deliveries and problems with products and services. Articulate and negotiate service levels agreements.
- Develop or assist in the development of (RFIs) requests for information or (RFPs) requests for proposals and business cases.
- Execute category management cost savings initiatives that delivery holistic benefits of approximately 10% per category or sub-category, revenue generation, innovation, by centralizing, leveraging and sourcing company-wide Indirect categories and sub-categories, negotiating and collecting warranty remunerations and supplier settlements when SLA performance is not achieved.
- Develop and implement Supplier Management programs that include: developing value driven performance measures and scorecards, tracking and reporting against performance metrics, conducting timely supplier performance reviews and taking appropriate corrective and recognition actions.
- Participate in the budget process, such as annual budget planning.
Continually seek optimal value in services from vendors, reviewing and monitoring
- performance and return-on-investment metrics and initiating contact modifications.
- Pursue new vendor relationships as needed. Must have a basic knowledge of changing technologies.
The Successful Applicant
What we are looking for in a Senior Manager, IT Strategic Sourcing :
4 year degree or higher in Business, IT or similar field
5 or more years of IT procurement experience; including understanding of warranties, shipping costs, strong negotiations skills & methodologies
Sourcing experience with Oracle or SAP
What's on Offer
The IT Sourcing Manager has high exposure across the business both domestically and thus creates a platform for ongoing promotions.
On site Childcare.
Work life balance culture.
Convenient Waltham, MA location.