You are here
Senior Manager of Procurement - Commodities
- Excellent Procurement opportunity
- Great Growth Potential
About Our Client
We are the manufacturer, marketer and distributor of branded food products for decades.
The Senior Manager Procurement - Commodities will be responsible for strategicially sourcing food ingredients such as spices, seasonings, flavors, dairy, emulsifiers, food additives and gums. The Senior Manager Procurement - Commodities will have the following day to day responsibilities:
- Maintain knowledge of ingredient markets, supply and demand drivers of assigned ingredients and their impact on prices, key industry trends and market dynamics
- Develop short and long term procurement strategies designed to optimize service and quality, reduce total cost while meeting company goals and objectives.
- Create, analyze and rationalize the cost structures of purchased ingredients through the use of detailed cost modeling and other related tools.
- Continually develop deep supplier partnerships across supply chain to maximize communication, collaboration, opportunity and value to our business.
- Negotiate supply agreements and contracts employing strong knowledge of food industry production supply base, key industry and market dynamics, delivering the most competitive total delivered cost, quality and operational performance.
- Develop and incorporate structured price risk management and supply contingency planning within procurement strategies and clearly articulated in supply agreements for effective risk mitigation in compliance with corporate policies, goals and objectives
- Professionally manage and measure supplier performance based upon procurement's key metrics including productivity, innovation and continuous improvement. Ensure supplier compliance with corporate social responsibility and sustainability agenda.
- Effectively collaborate with the company's various business units, including Marketing, the plants and R&D to insure timely and successful project implementation.
- Identify, recommend and lead pipeline of strategic productivity projects and other procurement initiatives, providing scope of work, benefits and resource plan
The Successful Applicant
- Must possess a BS/BA degree in Agriculture, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business, Engineering or related fields.
- Has minimum 5 years' experience in strategic sourcing and have a proven background of sustained cost improvement.
- Successful candidate will have a working knowledge of manufacturing management of varied products and processes in the food industry.
- Has had sufficient exposure to agriculture commodities/ingredients purchasing and manufacturing to recognize and anticipate varying trends and market movements to secure competitive advantage and/or avoid financial and supply risks for the corporation.
- Has demonstrated success in creating and implementing strategic procurement plans, creative problem solving, contract negotiating and supplier relationship building.
- Has successfully implemented cycle time reduction methods and techniques in support of inventory reduction programs and new product development effectiveness.
- Has successfully developed and implemented effective business strategies which call for coordination of activity across multiple functional areas.
- Has formulated and documented policies and procedures on his/her own initiative with overlap into other functional areas.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
What's on Offer
Great compensation and benefits.