You are here
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Fantastic opportunity to grow within a stable organization
Ability to bring new ideas and change the old processes to make them yours
About Our Client
We design, develop, test and manufacture fusing, and flight termination products and systems.
- Plan and design manufacturing processes in a high rate of production environment.
- Prepare specifications of production operations and write work instructions; prepare supplier instructions for operations sourced outside the company and define tooling specifications for tool fabrication.
- Provide sustaining engineering; generate engineering changes and support with appropriate documentation.
- Maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods and work force utilization.
- Prepare technical data and plans related to specific customer requirements and estimated related costs.
- Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications.
- Review supplier instructions, blueprints and/or schematics and other applicable specifications to determine inspection requirements.
- Prepare inspection summary sheets, First Article Inspections (FAI) and provide instructions for use. Interface effectively with customers in the resolution of production concerns or other issues related to producibility, cost and schedule.
- Conduct producibility studies to evaluate production process reliability and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Assist in the development of technical portions of new business proposals, including selection of manufacturing methods and production processes with estimated costs to implement.
- Perform make vs. buy analyses and provide related recommendations to management. Specific role may focus in skill areas such as electrical, mechanical, automation or process engineering.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DOD security clearance.
The Successful Applicant
- Broad knowledge of mechanical, electrical, industrial or automation engineering.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills as well as good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation application software needed.
- Familiarity with MRP systems and ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, technical drawings and bills of material necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline required.
- Experience with print circuit board fabrication / testing and environmental testing preferred.
- Over 7 years up to and including 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
What's on Offer
Ability to grow within a national organization and be a huge part of the company.