You are here
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
A leading aerospace company located near the New Britain, CT area
In search of a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join their growing team
About Our Client
A leading aerospace company located near the New Britain, CT area.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Refine and enhance processes by applying continuous improvement and key Lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production. Recommend product changes/improvements to Product Engineers.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout. Coordinate input that may cross multiple teams or areas; make recommendations, and implement changes.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements. Determine root cause of failure using statistical methods (e.g., design of experiment, SPC) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Evaluate capital equipment investments and prepare cost justifications. Design and prepare concept drawings of new equipment or modifications to existing equipment. Manage the overall implementations of capital equipment projects.
- Develop tooling and fixtures for new products and processes and work with tooling vendors to supply such designs.
- Identify and implement solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity, and cost reductions.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes and engineering procedures. Prepare reports summarizing analyzed process information and trends.
- Share specialized knowledge with others. Represent Company on specific projects, lead and participate on project teams.
- Develop and evaluate new processes and improve current process capability, efficiency, and overall productivity in all areas of manufacturing
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will have the following background and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering or Technology field
- 5-7 years of related experience required
- Good math skills and familiarity with personal computer and CAD software required
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes preferred. Prefer Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, project management, FMEAs, and quality systems experience.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation, great benefits and unlimited opportunities for career progression within a leading aerospace company!