You are here
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Solidworks Experience Preferred
Exciting and Innovative Company
About Our Client
- Lead the effort with personnel from Marketing, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Supply Chain and Quality in the creation of design specifications to satisfy the customer requirements put forth by marketing.
- Lead the conceptual design of functional prototypes for new products, considering the functional requirements and appropriate use of design principles and materials. Design could consist of servo Mechanisms, machined parts, cast parts, molded parts, pneumatic components, hydraulic components, sheet metal parts and assemblies
- Interact closely with the Controls Engineering group in the development of machine control systems to ensure seamless integration of controls into the design.
- Research, test and specify commercial components and subsystems to meet the design needs.
- Lead the effort in detailed analysis of the design, including FEA, FMEA, DFMA or other applicable numerical methods.
- Lead the effort in the functional performance evaluation and testing of new prototypes and products, in a data driven environment.
- Lead effort to investigate and resolve design-related production issues with cast, molded machined, sheet metal and pneumatic manufactured and purchased parts and assemblies in cooperation with Manufacturing engineering, Production, Supply Chain and Quality. Visits supplier production facilities as required resolving problems.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering and production to ensure that all designs are process capable.
- Create and update documentation, directly through the use of CAD systems
The Successful Applicant
BSME (MS preferred) or the equivalent of 12 years of experience in the architect and design of electro-mechanical module or system, including cast and molded parts, sheet metal parts and assemblies and machined parts using computer added design.
Minimum of eight years experience in 3D CAD (Solid Edge preferred) architect, design and drafting of mechanical and electro-mechanical components and systems.
Skills in the design and drafting of sheet metal parts and assemblies cast and molded parts, machined parts and use of pneumatic components.
Skilled in the use of drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
Capable of effectively using DFMA tools, system dynamics analysis and simulation tools.
What's on Offer
Competitive base + benefits