You are here
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Leading electrical components manufacturing company located near Hicksville, NY
Hiring a Senior Mechanical Engineer - RELOCATION provided!
About Our Client
A leading electronics manufacturing company located near the Hicksville, NY area!
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the following -
- Complete the product design, analysis and development of mechanical components, systems and equipment, including assembly and part drawings as well as other required documentation from design concept to manufacturing release; Develop electronic help files pertaining to new products
- Train and mentor other engineers, manage one or more projects
- Research new development technologies, make recommendations to Management and oversee implementation
- Review and continually improve departmental process and policies as it relates to mechanical development process
- Develop multiple design concepts and present to peers; Work with Document Control to create a document package that specifies the complete design and implementation of a product, including, but not limited to: 2-D drawings, Bills of Materials and Engineering Change Orders; Responsible for implementing documentation updates and changes to existing products
- Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods; Test finished- product and system capabilities; Confirm fabrication, assembly, and installation processes; Generate testing and validation plans for designs and execute on them
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends while also analyzing current designs and products for improvements and/or troubleshooting
- Research various mechanical engineering issues including parts and processes
- Verify that design and project objectives meet customer requirements
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the following background and experience -
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 8 + years of Mechanical Engineering experience
- Extensive experience in mechanical design concepts and the manufacture of products utilizing high volume, automated manufacturing processes as well as manual assembly
- Extensive experience in 3D CAD and drafting (Solid Works preferred)
- Experience with PC Board and electronics packaging preferred
- Experience with regulatory compliance and validation testing methods
- Experience in consumer product design or Electro-mechanical device design
- Knowledge of the most advanced drafting terminology and symbols
- Ability to understand and apply FEA, FMEA and customer input to product design
- Strong project management skills
- Well versed in design, prototyping, and evaluation of injection molded plastic, metal stampings, die castings, sheet metal fabrication and material selection.
- Solution oriented and thinks creatively to design and develop complex mechanical components, systems, and equipment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal instructions and guidance
- Ability to use engineering economic analysis for decision making purposes
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation, great benefits and opportunities for career progression within a growing organization!
RELOCATION packages offered for candidates who are not local!