You are here
Senior Packaging Engineer
- CPG Experience Highly Preferred
- 4+ years of relevant experience required
About Our Client
- In addition to Package Development responsibilities, individual will represent other Operations functions as necessary to guide projects through the Stage Gate development process.
- Responsible for primary and secondary packaging development in support of new and existing brands. The individual will interface heavily with Marketing, Manufacturing, Finance, Planning, Purchasing, R&D, and Suppliers to identify, develop, and implement new and existing package concepts to insure product integrity, package functionality, and cost effectiveness.
- Act as Operations Project manager to guide projects from idea through commercialization. Responsibilities will include providing formal project timelines for management review, coordination and follow-up of inter-departmental related activities to ensure timeliness of execution. Communicate priorities and issue project status reports / updates as required.
- Coordinate with manufacturing sites to ensure that development concepts are assessed for ease of manufacturing and that all composite design attributes are integrateable with current production technologies.
- Review and approve supplier drawings to insure component functionality.
- Coordinate with Purchasing to identify and qualify new and existing packaging and suppliers.
- Troubleshoot quality issues and recommend corrective action.
- Identify and coordinate package component testing as required.
- Develop and issue packaging specifications. Proof BOM's to ensure accuracy.
- Issue and update package test protocols as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors of Science in Packaging Science (Technical Option) / Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in a Consumer Products Package Development department, working closely with Brand and R&D.
- Solid working knowledge of Packaging Materials, Processes, Regulations, Specifications, and Testing
- Knowledge of Printing Processes or relevant Printing experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed, able to work with minimal direct supervision
- Computer literate, experience with CAPE software, able to learn new computer applications, including Packaging Specifications systems, ERP system, MicroSoft Project, Solid works, 3D printing, etc.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive base + benefits