You are here
Senior Packaging Engineer
State of the art facility!
Position open due to company growth in the USA!
About Our Client
Our client is an industry leading CPG company, with a state of the art facility in the area! Built with World Class Manufacturing in mind, the Senior Packaging Engineer will lead the Packaging function for all North American products.
- Lead & manage cross functional teams to deliver packaging projects from concept design through implementation.
- Outline the project success criteria for time line, start up, throughput, & quality.
- Collect & analyze performance data & develop continuous improvement plans to enhance manufacturing effectiveness & improve quality of products/processes.
- Set-up & design for new products.
- Identify standard work & process flows.
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines, & be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Establish connection with equipment vendors & get quotes for concept lines.
- Work with existing equipment vendors to define step wise efficiency or production gains.
- Provide solutions for daily issues related to packaging, costing materials, & labor.
- Manage materials to maximize operating efficiencies while containing/reducing expenses.
- Provide operating guidelines & parameters for all packaging run conditions.
- Improve plant efficiencies through equipment automation.
- Ensure compliance with packaging materials.
- Supports the Director of Engineering with annual capital budget prep.
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines, & be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Act as a team player.
The Successful Applicant
- BS degree in Packaging or Mechanical Engineering (or related field).
- Project management in food or dairy companies.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Minimum 3 years working with food or beverage manufacturing processes as they relate to Packaging.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
- PMP certification preferred.
What's on Offer
- Salary + bonus
- Competitive health benefits package
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Casual, family-feel environment
- Opportunities to give back to the community