You are here
Senior Payroll Manager
Seeking a seasoned Payroll Manager
SAP expereince is REQUIRED
About Our Client
Our client is a large Queens based non-profit institution with over 1,500 employees and 60 locations.
The Senior Payroll Manager is responsible for:
- Manages, develops and modifies SAP payroll system requirements.
- Develops custom reports to meet the requirements of management.
- Ensures payroll operations are carried out in an efficient, effective, accurate and expedient manner.
- Leads the continued implementation of the SAP payroll system as required.
- Works internally with the Finance and Human Resources departments to address matters relating to payroll.
- Ensures progressive and innovative ideas and processes are researched and implemented to increase productivity. Ensures key stakeholders receive the information required to make staffing decisions.
- Acts as the key internal and external contact for audits of payroll; provides support as necessary to the Benefits Administrator.
- Ensures full utilization of all payroll systems applications, including managing and testing all implementations and system enhancement upgrades.
- Establishes, documents, and manages payroll internal controls emphasizing data integrity, reporting, security and compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with all legal, federal and state requirements and government reporting regulations affecting payroll, tax and garnishments.
- Ensures all year-end processes (W-2, etc.) are handled in a timely and proper manner.
- Ensures performance reviews are accurate and completed in a timely manner and in accordance with the Library's performance management system for staff.
- Ensures that performance documentation is maintained, up-to-date and accurate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
The Senior Payroll Manager should meet the following:
- Bachelors Degree
- Over 5 years working within Payroll Administration
- In-depth knowledge and deep understanding of SAP system architecture, reporting, analytics and tax compliance REQUIRED
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work under pressure with strict deadlines
- Must have the ability to motivate, mentor and lead a team
- Excellent oral & written business communication skills required
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience