You are here
Senior Production Planner - Industrial Manufacturing Company
Successful global materials science company with excellent employee culture
Seeking future leaders for the organization
About Our Client
This global materials science company has been in North America for over 40 years and specializes within high performance materials. They are well-established with over $6 billion in revenue. The company is experiencing consistent growth and looking to add to their highly talented team.
This position is accountable for the development, maintenance and execution of a master production schedule for the assigned production lines to meet customer demand and support business service and working capital objectives.
The Senior Production Planner will work closely with other members of the Supply Chain Organization to monitor equipment, material and personnel resources to meet ongoing customer service requirements. This individual will also manage capacity levels for assigned resources on an ongoing basis and participate in the monthly Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
- Develop and manage production schedules for the assigned production lines.
- Responsible for the release, printing and prioritization of production orders to the shop floor on a daily basis.
- Manage capacity levels for assigned resources and provide options for constraint management.
- Identify constraints and regularly provide feedback and direction to supervision on their operational performance.
- Monitor and manage run sizes and run frequencies within the assigned production lines and be actively involved in the stock planning process.
- Responsible for the continuous improvements in on-time performance, operational efficiency, delivery, cycle time reduction and cost avoidance.
- Own customer service performance of assigned products and resources.
- Monitor Value Stream activities, anticipate operational constraints, and formulate appropriate responses that accommodate customer demand over time.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated production planning experience
- Basic knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma principles
- Strong computer skills in Excel and ERP system (SAP experience is a plus)
- APICS certification is strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills combined with strong oral and written communications skills
The company is looking to hire immediately. All qualified candidates will be contacted - apply today to be considered!
What's on Offer
- $75,000-85,000 base salary
- Performance based bonus
- Excellent benefits package
- Chance to work within global company with opportunity for career advancement
- Join an excellent manufacturing team and interface with all facets of the business
The company is an equal opportunity employer.