You are here
Senior Program Manager
Leading power electronics manufacturing company located in New Jersey
Hiring an innovative, technically strong Senior Program Manager
About Our Client
Located near the Hackettstown, NJ area - our client designs and manufactures innovative power solutions for demanding applications worldwide. The company's products include power supplies for industrial, semiconductor manufacturing, medical, consumer appliance, military, aerospace, and many varied markets.
The Senior Program Manager will have the following responsibilities -
- Lead proposal efforts for specific projects and work with functional managers to develop a proposed program plan (statement of work, spec, budget and schedule)
- Drive execution of engineering programs from concept to production to achieve the planned milestone dates.
- Define program scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with Engineering and Marketing
- Estimate the resources and staff needed to achieve the program goals
- Determine program staffing needs and negotiate with department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company. Pursue and manage subcontractors if necessary to satisfy key requirements.
- Develop and implement detailed program plans: Plan and schedule program timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track program milestones and deliverables.
- Work with Engineering to ensure that assigned programs meet estimated production design to cost targets
- Formally manage changes in program scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Analyze customer initiated change requests to determine whether they are in or out of scope, and work with Sales and Marketing to create customer response with respect to commercial terms
- Create a collaborative team environment with program members and subcontractors
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the program
- Conduct program post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful program elements
- Develop best practices and tools for program execution
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Senior Program Manager will have the following background and experience -
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- BS, Electrical Engineering
- Familiarity with new product development and the product development process.
- Program Management certifications are a plus.
- 5 years of work experience in electronics manufacturing business with at least 3 years of direct work experience in a program management capacity
- Customer service orientation
- Strong familiarity with program management software such as Microsoft Project
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Must be able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through use of analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Must be able to multitask and manage multiple programs at the same time
- Must be good with numbers and have good analytical skills
- Must be a good negotiator
- Must have good leadership skills
- Ability to read communication styles of team members, contractors, and customers who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Ability to perform cost/benefit/risk assessments and financial analysis
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation packages, great benefits and unlimited opportunities to progress your career within a rapidly growing manufacturing company!