You are here
Senior Project Accountant
- Exciting new opportunity with a leading technology firm
- Senior accountant role available immediately
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading providers within the technology IT market, specializing in market research, market data, consulting services, and certifications. The company is headquartered in NYC with multiple office nationwide and office also located internationally.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage all aspects of cost accounting including the preparation, review and analysis of research product and professional services, standard costing, overhead allocation and variance analysis.
- Produce job cost reports on a bi-weekly basis and review with Assistant Controller.
- Review and analyze financial condition of projects on regular basis and advise Assistant Controller of next steps.
- Planning, analyzing, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity for research products and professional services, and to determine effects on costs.
- Analyze changes in research product and/or professional services provided and assist in identifying the need for additional services through analysis of reports.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of research products or professional services projects.
- Evaluates special projects and feasibility studies (new research products, customers, methods or services) to determine impact on costs and revenues.
- Compiles, monitors, and analyzes cost changes and related reports (quarterly pricing, pricing schedules, cost savings projects) in research products, professional services, analyst involvement, overhead, production methods, and wages to facilitate pricing decisions.
- Prepare the project profitability and firm operating statistics and reviews with Assistant Controller quarterly.
- Assist with month-end closing and reporting and reconcile monthly revenue to forecast and discuss variances with Assistant Controller.
- Update revenue forecasts with input from Executives and review with Assistant Controller.
- Assist and work with Assistant Controller, PM and project teams in budgeting for new/potential projects and solving various project financial questions.
- Evaluate time sheets for general accuracy and adherence to project budgets.
The Successful Applicant
Desired Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of Cost Accounting experience in a services environment
- Strong cost systems background with excellent analytic skills and sound understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Experience working with project managers and analysts on development and analysis of cost standards.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, PowerPoint required with advanced Excel skills.
- Experience working with upper management.
- Experience working with International entities is a plus.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
What's on Offer
Great opportunity with reputable international company.
Competitive base salary and benefits.