You are here
Senior Project Leader - New Product Logistics
Opportunity to grow within a stable $50 billion dollar global organisation
This organisation covers 85% of their market
About Our Client
This is an outstanding opportunity to join and grow within our Procurement team. In this position you will manage assigned suppliers and an overall commodity (supply base) to ensure the company is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential suppliers. You will be expected to continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
- Project Management Ensure the logistic introduction of small products or changes (like sustaining, small options etc.) confirm agreement to Program Management, M&L and SA.
- Ensure the realization of the PGP deliverables from the Project Plan Logistics by the NPL Planners in the Product Generation Process and the Sustaining Process.
- Materials ManagementEnsure a timely and smooth Logistic Release-for-Volume.
- Report on, manage and control the MRP integrity and the over-planned value of NPL materials (SAP data).
- Ensure the availability of NPL materials (for fumo's, proto's, pilots, initial service parts etc) together with Material Supply and Procurement, by managing the material status reporting of NPL projects.
- Logistic Change ManagementOrganize the configuration control and implementation of upgrades for proto's.
- Ensure the controlled introduction and implementation of material changes within Goods Flow, Customer Support Logistics and the Supply Chain conform the Engineering Change Process.
- Logistic Requirements Management
- Contribute to the definition of Logistics Requirements in the Product Generation Process.
Ensure the embedding of the Logistic Requirements in the Product Generation Process and the Sustaining Process.
Ensure the set-up of Logistic Processes and the embedding of Logistic Requirements in the Supply Chain according to the Value Sourcing Strategy in Supplier Account Teams or Special Projects (for example module transfer teams).
- Means & MethodsAttune NPL work instructions, processes and tools to those of relating departments.
- Develop and train the NPL employees for using the work instructions, processes and tools in an efficient and effective way.
- Ensure the availability, documentation, formalization and application of NPL work instructions, procedures and tools efficiently and effectively.
Contribute to the development of NPL by maintaining state of the art knowledge on project management and relevant logistic processes.
- Staffing Ensure optimal use of the capacities in the group, set priorities, ensure the correct and timely execution of all tasks and solve bottlenecks. Contribute to the recruitment of new NPL employees.
- Ensure proper execution of HR policies and procedures and support in developing NPL related policies and procedures.
- Ensure short and long term capacity by anticipating on future quantitative and qualitative capacities.
- Plan and organize the capacity of the group together with concerning parties (GRM, PL etc.).
- CoachingHave (two-)yearly appraisal discussions with all group members based on inputs from direct colleagues of the employee (PL, Procurement etc.).
- Have yearly coaching discussions with all group members.
- Develop and coach all group members on their performance (job-related as well as generic competencies) by training, setting challenging goals and giving constructive feedback.
Ensure optimal information of the employees on company strategy, procedures and other relevant subjects
The Successful Applicant
- Academic level in industrial / supply chain / engineering or Business Administration.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Pro-active attitude
- Strong analytic skills
- Capable to make deep-dive analyses whilst maintaining top-level overview regarding problem & solutions
- Ability to work across multiple organizations
Extensive / comprehensive knowledge of and several years experience with logistic processes in high-tech, low-volume environment.
What's on Offer
Lots of people interaction
Mix of strategic as well as tactical issues
Multi-disciplined (engineering, business, manufacturing, etc.)