You are here
Senior Project Manager of New Construction
Lead a project from the Ground-up with a high profile GC
This type of project will set you up for a great career in construction
About Our Client
My client is seeking a mid to senior level Project Manager to join their mid size company located in the Rockville area. This company focuses on commercial interior fit outs between 5,000 to 80,000 sq. ft. A majority of their projects are in the downtown Washington DC area. With a younger and laid back office culture, they are looking for someone who will fit in with both their experience as well as attitude.
Senior Project Manager of New Construction Responsibilities:
- Communicating directly with on-site staff including the Superintendent and Subcontractors to go over full details of project cost, staffing for individual projects, as well as scheduling.
- The ideal candidate needs to be able to write proposals, have prior experience preparing bid documents, negotiating with subcontractors, and attending meetings for pre-construction.
- Have a thorough understanding of interpreting plans and specs for building and construction.
- Must be able to outline scope of work and provide project management from the beginning of a job until closeout.
- Analyzing contract specifications to verify that project status is on track.
- Ideally this candidate will have experience with the full scope of construction roles (field and office).
- Leading from the front and being the face of the business is pivotal for this senior position as they will be representative of this national company.
- Ultimate responsibility for schedule, job cost, and controlling the budget out of the office in Rockville, MD.
- Strong communication skills are necessary and experience working with local subcontractors, vendors, and clients is required.
- Our client has a very team focused environment and the desire to work in that environment is essential.
- Be well versed with all current building codes, and meet with local building officials.
- Be involved in the meetings with Architects, and Design Consultants from concept through first construction drawings.
The Successful Applicant
Senior Project Manager of New Construction- Interiors should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field
- Proven project portfolio of successful retail projects
- Proven to create and maintain relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to commute to and from office and job sites
What's on Offer
Senior Project Manager of New Construction will receive:
- Competitive compensation package (Base Salary + Bonus)
- Full benefits package
- Independence to run own projects
- Great work/life balance