You are here
Senior Project Manager (TI Experience)
Well Known and established General Contractor
Works with very high profile clients on high rise office and commercial TI
About Our Client
Our client is a general contractor that specializes in high end design-build office tenant improvements, with project sizes ranging from $1m-$4m per project. Our client deals exclusively with many well known Developers, Owners, and End Users, including the Irvine Company.
- Manage project schedules, resources and budgets
- Manage documentation and billing, such as purchase orders, change orders, and close out documents
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the customer, internal team, subcontractor, vendors and material suppliers
- Build and maintain customer relationships. Ideal candidate will be comfortable in a Business Development and client facing role.
- Superintendent and Subcontractor Management
- Ensuring frequent and honest communication from the Superintendents about project status.
- Scheduling Superintendents and Subcontractors to ensure the right people at the right place at the right time to complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Obtaining proper, complete and accurate close out documents, data and information from Superintendents and sending it to the customer.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5 years of recent Commercial Tenant Improvement project management and construction experience
- Prior experience involving coordination of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and miscellaneous trades and disciplines is required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to build strong relationships with a variety of high profile contacts and clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and MS Project
- Highly experienced in plan reading, scheduling, profit forecasting, analyzing subcontractor bids, qualifying project scope, budgeting estimating and preparing bids
- Knowledge and the ability to be able to prepare the following: lump sum, guaranteed maximum price, unit cost and design build proposals by required deadlines
- An understanding of construction law, building codes, lien laws, subcontractors terms and conditions and other general contracting regulations
- The ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- A bachelor's degree is preferred
- Construction projects are located in Southern California
What's on Offer
- Competitive Compensation and benefits.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care Account
- Two weeks paid vacation and paid holidays
- Company Sponsored 401(k) plan