You are here
Senior Project Manager
- Transmission Line Projects
- Remote full-time employee
About Our Client
Leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure services
This position is part of the company's Transmission and Distribution Substation Office (TDS) and is considered strategic within the organization. The position will report to the company's headquarters and will include both long and short term remote field assignments, as determined by specified projects and the location of those projects. Can otherwise work remote from home.
- Manages overall project performance (safety, quality, scope, schedule, innovation, cost, communication, resource issues, risks and customer satisfaction), utilizing the resources of the PMO and assigned project management teams.
- Serves as single point-of-contact by establishing, maintaining and managing customer, subcontractor, and joint venture partner's expectations (where applicable) relating to project performance.
- Reports project status and performance data as required to management, project sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Ensures strict adherence to all Safety Policies, Procedures and Practices.
- Ensures compliance with the established Project Management Methodology (PMM).
- Plans, monitors, and controls the project throughout its life-cycle (bid, contract award, engineering/design, procurement, and construction, close out).
- At any given time could be involved in combinations of:
- Managing a major project from $20 to $100 million or small mulitple projects with durations from several months to several years.
- Mentoring others in PMM (based on PMI's PMBOK®).Assisting in the development and continuous improvement of H&M's.
- Assist in marketing and business development activities as required.
- Acts as sponsor to ensure large projects are meeting expectations (safety, cost, schedule etc.)
- Assist in engineering changes to the project plans.
The Successful Applicant
- Advanced knowledge and experience in construction industry Project Management, preferably with self-perform contractors.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience / knowledge of construction operations, power transmission & distribution design, financial acumen and team-based management required.
- 10+ years of relevant power construction industry PM experience required.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Thorough understanding of utility industry practices/standards, operations, contract management with emphasis on power projects required.
- Proficient understanding of CPM scheduling and associated software applications (Primavera, MS Project) is required.
- Proficient understanding of Project Controls, Earned Value Management and Risk Management desirable.
- Significant travel will be required, as well as the ability to commit to long-term remote work assignments.
- BS degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, bonus, and full-benefits