You are here
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
High-end Residential Construction
About Our Client
My client is a mid-sized company that focuses exclusively on high-end residential construction within Boston and the Metrowest suburbs of Brookline, Wellesley, Weston, Newton, etc. They are a fully integrated design-build firm and focus on multi-million dollar new construction as well as remodels and renovations
- Coordinates the interrelating activities of subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Coordinates design and engineering efforts; monitors and reports on financial status of the project(s) and is responsible for subcontract and contract administration.
- Responsible for estimating efforts relative to the project(s).
- Responsible for entire proposal preparation effort.
- Develops job progress schedule to ensure that actual construction parallels with the schedule.
- Negotiates contracts with subcontractors and vendors for various trades, ensuring that all phases of the work are encompassed and that a clear definition of work responsibility is defined.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor and vendor payment requests. Issues changes in the work to receive prices from subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Works with design and engineering managers to ensure project(s) is/are designed, procured and constructed within the boundaries of operating guidelines, while conforming to technical requirements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Visits job site(s) as needed to review progress and quality of work.
- Prepares various reports to successfully manage the project(s), such as monthly red files, progress analysis/schedules, billings and status reports. Organizes and maintains job files to ensure continuity of work flow. Submits verbal and written reports on project status to management.
- Issues appropriate change orders to subcontractors and customers.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with scope of work.
The Successful Applicant
You should have about 10 years of progressive experience within project management, specifically within the high-end residential market. You will be responsible for managing up to $10m of projects simultaneously, usually spread across 3-5 projects at any given time. Hands-on experience in construction is a plus, especially finish carpentry.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus incentive, and comprehensive benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate