You are here
Senior Reliability Engineer
- A leading manufacturing company of electrical aerospace systems and components
- Hiring a Senior Reliability Engineer to ensure product safety/reliability
About Our Client
Located near Levittown, NY - our client is a market leader in the aerospace manufacturing industry and is looking to add a Reliability Engineer to their growing team!
The Senior Reliability Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintainability activities required on a Program which may include complex electronics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic subsystems. Provide reliability design review and support to an Integrated Product Teams. Perform the full range of RMS analyses and review of engineering designs relative to reliability predictions, safety, FMECA, parts selection and control, testability, and failure reporting and resolution in accordance with a military/aerospace requirement.
- Technical oversight and technical management of a number of subcontractors to ensure robust designs and compliance to RMS system specs , processes and data item delivery requirements. Responsible for the integration and rollup of Subcontract analysis results and data items for submissions to the Customer.
- Reporting to the Program Manager on Program related activities/responsibilities which includes direct interface to the Customer on all RMS matters. Reports to the Functional RMS Department Manager relative to process compliance, and conformance to departmental analyses methods and product quality and resource needs.
- Utilization and development of junior RMS engineers assigned either full or part time to the Projec. Manage to Program cost and schedule.
The Senior Reliability Engineer will personally be able to perform these analyses and tasks:
- Prepare Reliability models; perform assessments and predictions, FMEA and Criticality Analysis; testability, prognostics/diagnostics analyses; parts control and standardization, design and plan reliability and maintainability tests, System Safety hazard analysis, manage closed loop Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) to resolve issues identified during test.
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Senior Reliability Engineer will have the following background and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in ME, EE, Math, Physics or related engineering field is required.
- A background and in-depth experience in reliabiloty/safety engineering is mandatory.
- Desirable to have a diversified background in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Electro-Mechanical, and Safety Engineering fields.
- A background in complex Military or Aerospace systems is mandatory.
- Knowledge of software reliability and software reliability models is a plus.
- The individual must be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Should be familiar with RMS Government Specifications, Handbooks and applications. Candidate must be able to plan and coordinate RMS activities between various Design Engineering and Customer functions.
- Must have actual relevant experience with: MIL-STD-1629, MIL-STD-882, MIL-HDBK-217, and/or RTCA/DO 178 Must be able to develop and write RMS technical analysis reports and plans.
- US Citizenship Required
What's on Offer
Our client offers a competitive compensation package, great benefits and opportunities to progress your career!