You are here
Senior Risk Analyst
Looking for a Risk Analyst with Market not Credit Experience
Work for a National leading supplier of motor fuels
About Our Client
Retail - Energy Company located in Wellesley, MA. National supplier of motor oils and one of the leading brands within the energy space.
Senior Risk Analyst Responsibilities
- Prepare Daily/Monthly mark-to-market profit & loss and position reporting and be able to explain the underlying cause of the change to the Executive team.
- Design new reports and assist with the development of risk reporting infrastructure, testing for accuracy and completeness.
- Work closely with commercial and inventory departments to reconcile/investigate daily changes in priced position.
- Prepare trade analysis and reporting highlighting newly initiated positions and day-over-day changes in exposure.
- Participate in special projects and prepare ad-hoc reporting as directed by the Executive management team.
- Reconcile the futures, swaps, and options positions to counterparty statements.
- Posts EFP futures with financial broker - dealing directly with the counterparty. Ensures both parties are properly recording the details of the trades. Involves detailed analysis of daily trade activity.
- Maintain price curves and product hierarchies within Right Angle ETRM System.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Economics/Mathematics or related field is required
- MBA/CFA is preferred.
- 5 years of financial analysis and reconciliation experience in a corporate environment.
- Prior experience in commodity trading and working with derivative instruments and pricing
- Prior P&L experience preferred.
- Experience using ETRM systems (Right Angle) preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill, VBA/SQL.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities at once.
- Solid time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical/ Dental/ 401k/ etc.
- Opportunity to grow out career
- Work in the National Headquarters office
- Easily Commutable