You are here
Senior Sales Manager- Hospitality
International group expanding a private label hotel in the U.S
We are looking for an experienced hotel corporate sales manager
About Our Client
Our client is an international hotel group, with expansion plans in the U.S.
Reporting to the Corporate Director of Operations, you will be responsible to manage the activities aimed at achieving the objectives determined for the hotel by ensuring that the operation of all areas works properly; According to the standards, policies and procedures established by the group.
You will also be accountable to:
- Integrate the work teams of each area to achieve customer satisfaction in the total service of the hotel.
- The Daily prospection of Customers by telephone contacting Travel Managers of Companies or Accounts Managers of Corporate Travel Agencies (Consorsios such as AMEX, BCD, CWT, etc.)
- Participate actively in TradeShows, Roadshows, Events INDEX (Reynosa maquiladoras), GBTA Dallas, Houston, San Antonio as well as Cities where the main companies that visit the city are located.
- Generate and maintain a good working environment, favoring the permanence and the commitment of the staff as an example of commitment and delivery.
- Bring experience in sales to Sales Executives and the Sales Manager towards Hotels or Hotel Corporate Franchises Offices dyamics
- Bring experience as a Key Account Manager representing hotels for an international franchise and stablishing relationship with Travel Managers of global companies-accounts.
- Be in Events of the GBTA (Global Business Travel Association)
- Visit "Business Travel Agencies" (as American Express, CWT, BCD, etc) to promote hotels
- You must bring experience doing the complete cycle of RFP processes for corporate clients.
Establishes the guidelines and directs the necessary activities so that the areas that structurally operate in the hotel, operate with established standards, defined policies and procedures, determined work programs, clear objectives and jointly negotiated; as they are:
A) Rooms Division (Reception, Reservations, Maid Service)
E) Food and beverages
F) Human Resources
- He/she directs the Strategic Sales Planning, coordinating the specific market action plans to be covered in order to achieve the expected results of Income, Occupation and Tariffs.
- Check the behavior of the hotel's income accounts (rooms, rent, interest); Coordinating actions to correct possible deviations jointly with Comptroller and Central Office.
- Directs the necessary actions to determine the budgets of revenues and operating expenses and obtain the expected results for each one of the areas of the hotel according to the guidelines defined by the Directorate of Operations
- Verifies the accounting application of the financial information necessary to determine the performance of the hotel broken down by individual responsibility centers of each area and concept of expenditure and income.
- Analyzes Cost-Volume-Utility (CVU), expressing the relationship between fixed costs, variables, sales and profits (break-even point).
- Verifies that the information regarding the monthly results of the hotel is consolidated, analyzed, revised and prepared for presentation and discussion with the Operations and Management Committee defining strategies to be followed to obtain better results consistently and consistently.
- Directs and verifies that actions are taken to provide excellent service to the Guest / Customer of the hotel; Giving timely follow-up to their needs and coordinating the necessary actions to solve any possible problem.
- Supervises the hotel and implements necessary improvements, emphasizing the areas of greater contact with the guest, and where there are frequent complaints, through the format of complaints and suggestions.
- Daily review of the complaints and suggestions program and take the necessary measures of the observations made by our clients.
- Service goals are verified and established, mainly in terms of customer satisfaction, improving the motivation of employees, as well as improving the presentation of the customer.
- Determine strategies and direct staff efforts to achieve individual, departmental, team and hotel goals.
- Develops and verifies that the activities necessary to integrate, supervise, motivate, train, train, communicate, evaluate, discipline and separate employees are carried out; Validating an adequate function of recruiting, hiring and training staff.
- Maintains an adequate administration of the compensation provided to the personnel, always favoring internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Verifies that the necessary activities are carried out to comply with hygiene and safety standards and procedures.
- Maintains close communication with colleagues in the market place to exchange required information inherent to their specialty.
The Successful Applicant
the ideal candidate has minimum experience in different hotel positions of 6 years, Capacity for decision making, experience in handling complaints / conflicts, effective management in public relations; It is necessary to have criteria in the application of policies and service attitude, Ability to overcome objections, Ability to lead, Ability to analyze and synthesize, Management of stress and tolerance to above average pressure, Inclination to work between and with people ( Sociable), Judicious and Common Sense, Self-confident, Discreet, Ability to make decisions in carrying out their responsibility; Able to communicate your messages efficiently to the staff in general, Creative, innovative person, with writing ability.
- Bilingual English-Spanish will be a plus
- Leadership Profile:
- Ability to persuade Positively and achieve the expected results
- Ability to do Teamwork
- It is important to support decision making
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity to support the growth of a private label hotel, backed by an international group willing to invest in the U.S.
The most important aspect of the profile is ownership. This position won't require extensive travel, and a good manager will be able to work normal weekday hours , but as a General Manager, it is expected that you serve as an example and promotes teamwork, thus he/she must be flexible to work in peak moments and weekends, if needed.
If you are local to McAllen, Chorpus Christi or San Antonio and have hotel sales experience at a manager level, this could be a very good opportunity.