You are here
Senior Software Engineer
Full Time Senior Software Engineer position with Fortune 500 Wealth Managment
Exciting and fast paced enviornment with oppurtunity to grow
About Our Client
Leading the transformation of market structure; offering a portfolio of cloud hosted services across the transaction lifecycle. Ranging from pre-execution credit checking to multilateral portfolio compression, our purpose is to simplify our clients' work flow and help them optimize their resources.
We are an integrated team of financial markets and pioneering financial technology specialists who operate in all asset classes, geographies and business sectors across the financial markets. We are dedicated to mitigating risk, increasing efficiency, reducing costs and streamlining increasingly complex processes for our clients. We offer the opportunity to optimize both regulatory and financial resources.
- Contribute to design and implementation of point-in-time and real-time materialized views of complex data using event streaming technologies
- Help select, pilot, and integrate optimal open source and third party tools, frameworks, and applications
- Great problem-solving skills, and the ability and confidence to hack their way out of tight corners
- Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written skills are essential for report writing and proof reading
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, client service oriented and resilient
- Must have expertise with Java and the core Java ecosystem
- Must have expertise with Scala or very deep experience with functional and object oriented programming in other languages
- Helpful to have experience with Python
- Must have an understanding of reactive programming and familiarity with frameworks such as Akka
- Must have experience with Event Steam Proessing/Complex Event Processing frameworks such as Flink, Spark, or Storm
- Helpful to have experience with Spring Boot and gRPC
- Experience with highly scalable database systems like Cassandra, HBase, or other Hadoop based systems
- Good working knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases such as PostgreSQL and
- Good working knowledge of NoSQL database technologies
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence, specifically Machine Learning technologies or Cognitive Computing, will be valued
- Should have experience with development of Cloud Native applications on platform like AWS, Google Compute
- Strong understanding and experience of AWS cloud storage and computing platform (especially S3, Athena, Redshift, Glacier, EMR, EC2)
- Should have familiarity with virtualization and container technologies such as Vagrant, Docker, Rancher
- Experience with Kubernetes and a service mesh like Linkerd would be a plus
- A working understanding of Blockchain, Distributed Ledger, and Smart Contract technology a plus
- Specific experience designing Smart Contracts using an Ethereum like Solidity will be highly valued
- Should have experience working on a collaborative and agile team
- Should have experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment and DevOps principles in general
- Should have expertise with microservice design patterns and design patters in general
The Successful Applicant
- We are seeking a talented and passionate Software Engineer who has substantial proficiency across a broad range of software development and product delivery disciplines.
- You must be results oriented and have deep understanding of microservices and distributed systems design with extensive experience implementing high performance, low latency systems.
- You need to be a smart, motivated team player who can deliver.
- The role will require liaising with key stakeholders which will include working with business users, product development team, architects, and other business functions as necessary.
What's on Offer
Excellent Compensation and Benefits.