You are here
Senior Staff Accountant - Biotechnology
Supervise a team of 2 Direct Reports
Innovative Scholarship Program for Emloyee Children
About Our Client
This Biotechnology company has both the headquarters and manufacturing facility located in Waltham, MA. Our Client develops, manufactures, and sells advanced technology blood testing analyzers. The company employs roughly 1,000 people, is located in seven countries, and has distributors in over 90 other countries. This company is one of the 25 largest in vitro diagnostic companies in the world.
In this role, you will ensure the financial and management reporting within the company is reliable, that the accounting books and records are accurate and complete, and that financial transactions are properly recorded, classified and summarized.
- Oversee the timely financial closing cycle and prepare consolidated financial statements
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare memos summarizing conclusions for new sales arrangements and partnerships
- Manage balance sheet review meetings quarterly to identify issues and verify propriety of general ledger accounts
- Review General Ledger activity for accuracy, completeness, and reasonableness, interpreting trends or deviations and making recommendations for corrective action.
- Prepares work papers and schedules for the year end external financial statement audit
- Manage accounting intern for daily cash reporting and select balance sheet account analysis
- Monitors equity activities including the tracking and valuation of stock option grants and the amortization of deferred compensation
- Supervise a team of 2 people, including an intern
The Successful Applicant
The Senior Staff Accountant - Biotechnology must fulfill the following criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; Master's degree is a plus.
- 4-6+ years experience in general ledger or financial reporting
- CPA (or on the track) with strong aptitude to research technical accounting matters
- A dedicated, self motivated person that is ambitious and creative. A professional who has the ability to adapt to the needs of a rapidly changing environment
- Should have good working knowledge of MS Office applications and ERP systems, SAP experience preferred
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- International Travel
- Direct exposure to company executives
- Work for a thriving and innovative company
- Matching 401k, Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical, Dental, Vision
- Subsidized Cafeteria
- Work-Life Balance oriented
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Successful Applicants should apply below for consideration within 48 hours.